Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rally Time

I've been very bad about posting lately and it isn't because I don't have anything to say. I guess I've just been lazy. Anyway, I've decided to try to post daily (or at least every couple of days) in October and hopefully do some catchup posts for August and September.

Today started out with breakfast, depositing my disability checks, getting a haircut and picking up prescriptions.

Bob picked me up at 1:30 for the last Angels home game of the year and the postseason rally. The Texas Rangers avoided a four game sweep by beating the Angels 9 to 3. I took my stitching but it was so warm that I didn't even take it out of the bag. I took my cane and Bob found handicapped parking near the gate which is near the escalator which is near our seats. Also, there wasn't anyone in the row in front of us so I was able to rest my foot on the seat and stretch out my knee. Our other two seats were taken by Chad and his grandpa.

After the game was the postseason rally just before the Angels took off for Oakland. There was a team of Army parachutists that landed on the field to start the rally and fireworks to end it. In between during interviews with several Angels players, we got to watch the players board the bus. Afterwards, David picked me up at Gate 1 and we went out to dinner since it was already after 7:30 and neither of us had eaten.