Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Visit

I met Janice and Kyleigh at church this morning and we turned in the Box of Love Janice had picked up last week. I gave them a check for a second one (actually, the check will probably fund at least two and possibly three because of the bulk buying they're able to do.) Kyleigh turned in her library book and got two more, a board book that she picked out and a book for a little older child that Janice picked out. They read books together every night before bed. We also bought 2010 Entertainment books. It's the first time I've bought one in a long time, but I should almost recoup my cost by using the coupons for Ralph's Grocery which is where I normally shop.

Chad wasn't feeling well so he didn't go to church, but wanted to go to the pumpkin patch with us so we went to their condo to get him. I wanted a picture of the outfit Kyleigh was wearing, but she wasn't cooperating. She ran off and hid in the tent Janice had purchased yesterday so I faced the camera into the tent and took this picture. It's not the best, but I couldn't really see what I was doing.

The pumpkin patch had rides and a petting zoo as well as pumpkins. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the pumpkins themselves. Kyleigh dressed up for the occasion; the shirt has a ghost on it and says "Boo-ti-ful".

The rides and stuff were expensive so she didn't do any of those, but Janice did take her into the petting zoo. She wasn't too sure, but did manage to pet a goat before one of the piglets scared her. Then she wouldn't have anything to do with any of the animals.

No comments: