Thursday, October 15, 2009

Computer Upgrade and a Finish

David has been planning to upgrade the CPU and RAM on my laptop for sometime now. Since I've been having a lot of problems with Internet Explorer becoming nonresponsive lately, he decided it was time. The first step was to do a duplication backup of my hard drive which he started at noon on Wednesday, but it wasn't completed until after 8:00 PM. Apparently, I have over 90,000 files, so I guess I should do some cleanup.

Today he did a bunch of stuff, including updating the BIOS (?). At 5:00 he headed out to get more RAM and a faster CPU. He came back with the RAM, but couldn't get the CPU he wanted. He also got more RAM and a new PCIA card for his laptop.

Since I haven't had much access to the computer, I did quite a bit of stitching. Donna at WOCS mentioned she'd received some Halloween fabric and wanted to know if anyone wanted to stitch some squares. I told her I'd stitch a couple and today I completed the first one. This is from The World of Cross Stitching #116.

There was a border which I left off and I thought about changing the cat to a black cat, but I was afraid the back stitching would show up so I left it alone. I also started "Home is where the Cat is" for Benevolent Piecemakers. Although it's fairly small, it's pretty solid stitching, so it will be a while before I have another finish.

No comments: