Friday, January 8, 2010

A surprise picture and a finish

I didn't post yesterday because there wasn't really anything to say. Work was busy and I was busy after work doing financial stuff at home. I did stitch a little, but didn't finish anything.

Today, I drove to Costa Mesa to have lunch with some friends I used to work with. We meet at a favorite Chinese restaurant near their office a couple of times a year and I always order the same thing--Crispy Shrimp. Since we all use the same financial software, most of our conversations revolve around that so it can be counted as work related justifying the extra hour it takes for the drive.

This afternoon I found this picture on my phone when I checked for messages. I managed to email it to myself so I thought I'd share it. I love her expression. I understand the picture was taken before more spaghetti landed in her hair.

The finish is the third and final letter that I'm currently signed up for at Q4OC. During this round, we're only allowed to sign up for three at a time. Since there are more letters available, I'll probably sign up for three more once these are received. They are so cute and colorful and I love that they stitch up really quickly.

This time I stitched the letter M from the Balloons & Kites ABC from The World of Cross Stitching #139. The only change I made was to stitch the "sky" in 1/2 cross stitch instead of full cross stitch. I was originally concerned about the color choices, but now I think they worked out rather well!



No comments: