Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun with Kyleigh

I had a dentist appointment this afternoon to fill all the little cracks and crevices the dentist discovered at my cleaning in December. He numbed 3/4 of my mouth, but I think he only did three fillings and I was out of there in less than 45 minutes.

When I got home this evening David said that Chad had called and wanted me to call him as soon as I got home. He wanted me to come babysit Kyleigh for a couple of hours so that he and Janice could go car shopping. I agreed and stopped to pick up food at McDonalds for the two of us on the way.

We had a good time eating together, watching Olivia, getting ready for bed, playing with toys, looking at books, etc.

She has a wooden puzzle of emergency vehicles. These have 1/4" thick wood pieces in the shapes of the vehicles and with the picture of the vehicle on the front. Kyleigh picked up the fire engine and moved it vertically across the floor (like you would a car with actual wheels) and said "vroom, vroom". It amazed me that she made the connection between a two dimensional vehicle and a three dimensional one.

Her communication skills are also improving every day. Tonight while eating, she asked for a bite of my hamburger by saying "bite" and pointing (instead of just pointing). When I asked if that's what she wanted, she said "yes". So of course I had to give her a bite.

BTW, they didn't get a car, because the dealership didn't have the model they wanted in black.

Computer Update: David is still working on it. It looks like he needs to reinstall Windows, Office, etc. I just hope I didn't lose all my files and pictures. Most of them are backed up, but . . .

No comments: