Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my 60th birthday! 60 sounds a lot older than 59, but I sure don't feel that old.

This morning I had to drive to the University of LaVerne for a meeting. This is the first time I've driven there without getting lost or making a major wrong turn. It was good to see some of the people that I usually only see at these meetings or at conferences and we had a good session.

I had another meeting scheduled for this afternoon, but it was cancelled. Unfortunately another one was scheduled at the last minute. And I'm still dealing with issues with the new process we implemented on Monday. That and the help requests are keeping me busy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

We went out to dinner with Chad, Janice and Kyleigh this evening. Kyleigh came decorated with hearts and brought me a card that she'd colored and decorated at the babysitter's today. Janice folded a couple pieces of paper and wrote "Happy Birthday Grandma" on one sheet. The sheets came to me held together like a book with curly ribbon and decorated with a heart, a happy face and scribblesthat were labeled lamb, dog, cat and horse, along with stickers and some tiny stick on hearts like the ones Kyleigh was wearing. Kyleigh also gave me a couple of really good hugs without prompting and has taken to pulling me down to her level (she's in a highchair) and whispering "secrets" to me.

We went to Norm's because both David and I like their current specials: steak and shrimp with soup, salad, and desert or a New York steak with soup, salad and desert for $9.99. Plus Wednesday is seniors day so we got 20% off the entire bill.

I did get about 1 1/2 hours of stitching in when we got home. I'm working on another letter for the Mismatched ABC SAL; this time it's the letter M.

No comments: