Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kyleigh Visits

Janice wanted to attend a craft show at the convention center today so she asked me to watch Kyleigh this morning. David and I met Janice and Kyleigh for breakfast at IHOP. Then Janice dropped David off at home and Kyleigh and I went to the Village.

We walked through several stores, bought Kyleigh a shirt with a kitten dressed up as a princess on the front (grandma got a couple of new shirts also), sampled some See's Candy, watched the puppies and kittens in the pet shop, played on the playground, rode the fire engine (well, Kyleigh did, anyway) and bought some lemonade to quench our thirst and some fruit for lunch.

We got home and had lunch and I put Kyleigh down for a nap, but before she could fall asleep, mommy showed up and rescued her. She went home for a couple of hours and then came back for a sleepover. Unfortunately, I think she was expecting mommy to rescue her again so she didn't fall asleep until 9:45. Hopefully, she'll sleep all night.

In the process of trying to get her to bed, I let her sit beside me in my stitching chair to quiet down. She did the pull the thread through the fabric and off the needle thing for a couple of stitches, but mostly just sat and watched. I stitch using Q-Snaps on a floor stand and what I thought was cute is that when I put the needle through the fabric, she had to look under the Q-Snaps to see where it went.

No comments: