Friday, August 14, 2009

EMS Seal

This is another of the EMS Baby Book zoo animals for the WOCS 3rd Challenge. I enjoyed stitching these so much that I've signed up for two more: Elephant and Polar Bear.


Today, I had to do an autologous blood donation, which means I donated a unit of blood to be used during my surgery if needed. I was afraid that I wouldn't pass the pre-screening and that I'd be kind of woozy afterwards, but everything went really smooth. I even made it back to work for a couple of hours afterwards. They gave me the ball that they had me squeeze during the procedure, so Kyleigh now has a new pink bouncy ball.

The only problem I had was that couple of minutes after I took the pressure bandage off, I had blood all over me. I waited the four hours they said to, but I guess it wasn't enough.


No comments: