Monday, August 3, 2009

Cute Chick

I finished this one, appropriately titled "Cute Chick" on Saturday. It's the free cover kit from Cross Sttich Card Shop #65. It's supposed to be an Easter card, but I think it could cheer up a sick child any time of the year.

I had started back on Boo Club and got most of Fright done, when I discovered that I have to rip out the GHT so... I put it down again and since I'm too hot and lazy to kit up anything, I've continued stitching the cover kits. I won't run out anytime soon, either.

I got to spend some extra time with Kyleigh yesterday. I usually see her for a few minutes before and after church, but our Social Ministries Board is collecting kitchen items for Sheepfold, a local shelter for abused women and children, so Janice decided it would be a good idea to go to Walmart and do some shopping after church. We went to the Village and discovered most of the stores didn't open til 11:00 and it was only 10 til, so we walked the length of the mall, stopping to watch the dogs in the pet shop.

We went to Sears and Penneys where Janice and I each bought a couple of tops on sale. Then we stopped at a toddler play area in the center of the mall (that's two we've found within walking distance in the past two days). Kyleigh really had a good time climbing on a lady bug and a turtle and crawling through a log. She did a lot of running around and also played with some turning blocks on the wall. After that we went to McDonalds and Walmart and then Janice drove me home. Kyleigh fell asleep about two minutes into the drive, poor kid was exhausted.

No comments: