Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work

I've been off since December 20th (I took two days vacation and then the university was closed from Christmas Eve through January 2nd) and I really didn't want to go back to work today. I was also a little concerned that I might oversleep, but I managed to wake up right on time (I don't use an alarm).

Of course, it was the typical Monday after a long holiday: the heater wasn't working so it was freezing in our building; voice mail wasn't working so I couldn't pick up my messages, an update done over the holidays overwrote a couple of customizations and quite a few people were encountering issues when trying to run reports that I'd written. But, by noon, everything but voice mail was back to normal.

I started knitting during my commute again. Since David does the driving, I like to have something to keep my hands busy. The commute is only 10 minutes long since we moved, so I haven't been knitting, but I figured I can get at least a couple rows a day done. I'm working on a blue/pink variegated preemie blanket which I'd like to have completed by the end of January if possible.

Kyleigh had her nine month checkup today and now weighs 20 pounds and measures 29 inches long. The doctor says she's right on target and doing really good. She now gets to eat meat and more table food including yogurt, cheese, etc.

I spent the evening packaging up the squares and cards I'd stitched for WOCS so that David can take them to the post office tomorrow. I also updated my stitching signups spreadsheet so that I know what I've committed to stitch and what pattern I've chosen.

We had leftover parmesan chicken for dinner which David turned into something reminiscent of Sizzler's Malibu Chicken while I made a salad. It was actually pretty good and it's probably the only meal we'll eat at home this week!


Stitching: Playful Cats
Reading: Murder on K Street

No comments: