Monday, November 3, 2008

Sunday

The time changed today so I was up at 5:30. I spent the extra hour uploading some of the stitching I've done recently.

I then helped hand out leftover homeless bags at church. These are ziploc type plastic bags with four quarters, $5.00 in McDonald's script, a small cross, a Bible verse and a resource card prepared by the Social Ministry Board. They're meant to be kept in your glove compartment or purse and given to the persons asking for handouts.

I attended church with Janice and her cute little wiggle worm. Kyleigh was so full of energy that I took her to the nursery during the message.

Kyleigh's much easier to bottle feed now if she's hungry. You show her the bottle and she opens her mouth and reaches for it. She still needs help holding it and she takes a lot of breaks but she's getting there. Before, it was a struggle to get the bottle into her mouth. She's also teething again so she's not real crazy about having a spoon shoved in her mouth.

The rest of the day was relatively uneventful, except that Janice called and said they're not having turkey for Thanksgiving because it's also Chad's birthday and he wants either ham or bacon wrapped filets. Unfortunately, to both David and me, Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without turkey. She called later and said they'd cook a small turkey, but . . .

The picture is a Cuddle Kitten square I did for a quilt being raffled off to help pay the expenses of a young lady with Ewing's Sarcoma. It's from an older Cross Stitcher (US) magazine, but I don't remember which one right now. I finished it sometime in early October.

I did very little stitching today, but did make a start on the drum set on Marley's square.