Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Instead of taking Kyleigh to her babysitter this morning, Janice brought her to me at work and I spent the morning sharing her with the people I work with. We also took a drive down to see her mommy and daddy at their work and shared her with the people they work with. After that I took her trick or treating with the kids at the children's center - we handed out candy instead of participating in the parade. Kyleigh was named the "cutest pumpkin ever" by several people and received a write in vote at the costume contest for cutest costume at the potluck we attended later. I dropped her off at the babysitter about 1:00 and went back to work.

This is the only picture I have of her in costume; I should have taken more pictures, but didn't. I cropped it as best I could to eliminate the other people in the picture.


She was getting hot in the pumpkin outfit so I changed her into another Halloween outfit. This is an orange striped onesie with a ghost and BOO on the front. Daddy bought her first pair of shoes, but Kyleigh thinks they're really toys for her feet. She spent a lot of time with one of them in her mouth! On the way home, she managed to untie one even though I'd used a double knot.

Kyleigh only took a couple of short naps so she was exhausted when she finally got home, but she gamely donned the pumpkin costume again and went trick or treating around her condo complex with her parents and great-grandfather.

I was also exhausted when I got home, so David went out and brought back Chinese food while we waited for the trick or treaters. The first one didn't arrive until almost 8:00 and we only had about 25. I can remember when the first ones came about 6:00 and we turned the light off at 8:00.

I realize that it's been almost two months since I last posted, but I'm hoping to post more this month. I do have several pictures that I want to share, so I'll try to post those on the "boring" days when I don't have a lot to say.