Sunday, November 2, 2008

Shopping and a Finish

I had an appointment to get my haircut yesterday morning so Janice and Kyleigh met me at Penneys. We had a couple of $10 off coupons, but didn't realize they were having a mega sale also. Janice found the perfect winter jacket for Kyleigh and at 60% off, she could afford it. With her $10 coupon, the jacket only cost $6.40. I did even better! I found a cute outfit (pants, top and headband) that was 50% off and with my $10 coupon, it was free!

We also went to Babies R Us to look at carseats (Kyleigh's outgrowing hers) and bought her a holiday dress including shoes, socks and headband for her first professional pictures which they're planning to have taken next week. Everything we purchased was on sale!

As if that wasn't enough shopping, we went to a Christmas Boutique and purchased several small ornament type items and had lunch at the mall. Kyleigh fell asleep on the way home and both Janice and I needed naps.

Last night, I finished this freebie card kit from Card Shop Magazine. It will go with a quilt made up of cross stitched flower squares (charts provided by Mary Ann) for WOCS (World of Charity Stitching).

I also spent some time combining three charts into one for a square for a young man named Marley. He likes music and bright colors so I combined a red guitar, some drums and music into one chart.