Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Day to Myself

Kyleigh is with her dad and other grandma this weekend and David and Janice went to the JPL open house in Pasadena so I had the house to myself today, well, me and the cats anyway.

I spent some time this morning frogging the misplaced stitches on the January Cottage and also stitching on Snow White Discovers the Cottage. 

This is what the January Cottage will look like when it comes up in my rotation again.  I should be able to finish it next time.


David and Janice both said they had fun at JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory).  We first went in 1997 just before they launched the Pathfinder and Janice was really excited when she saw the actual launch of something she'd seen "in person" (I think it was a model, but still...)

Today they saw a tape recorder that David worked on back in the early 70's.  David is/was an electronic engineer and Odetics was the first company he worked for after graduating from college back in 1972.



David was taking a picture of Janice and one of the other visitors offered to take a picture of the two of them and here it is.   On a side note, David has been doing the Optifast diet through Kaiser Permanente and has lost over 100 pounds so far. 


One last picture, this time of just Janice; I really like the background.






No comments: