Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Our day started with church where the theme was God and Country. We had a flag ceremony, said the Pledge of Allegiance, and sang several patriotic songs (The Star Spangled Banner, Battle Hym of the Republic, My Country Tis of Thee, America the Beautiful and God Bless America.)

Later Janice and I and her friend, DW, went to the Angels vs. Royals game. There was another flag ceremony and during the singing of the national anthem, a flag was unfurled on the field

and a large plane (I forget what it was) flew over as the "rockets red glare" fireworks went off.

The Angels won (11-0) and the game was followed by a fantastic fireworks show. And when we got home there were several families shooting off fireworks in the streets surrounding our house even though fireworks are illegal there.

Since Kyleigh wasn't with us, I took my stitching. I'd started this little guy in mid June and had stitched everything from his shirt down. I stitched his face, arms and the cupcakes this evening. It just worked out that he was wearing red, white and blue.

He is the first of twelve squares that I plan to stitch from the DMC Favorites - Teddy Bears magazine. If I manage to finish them all, they'll go to KKCQ for a quilt. If not, I'll send them to WOCS to be made into cards.

No comments: