Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Valentines Day Cupcake

Each year, WOCS (World of Charity Stitching) makes Valentines Day cards for seniors in a care center and I've decided to do a couple for them this year.

The first one I did is from the World of Cross Stitching #212 and is the cupcake of the month for February. I started it on 1/5/14 and finished it today (1/8/14). It's stitched on white 14-count Aida with DMC floss.


I did make a couple of changes. The chart called for french knots scattered around the frosting and small outlined hearts and single cross stitches scattered around the cupcake. I couldn't tell what the color was underneath the dots indicating the french knots so I just used cross stitches instead. And as you can tell from the picture, I left off the scattered hearts and cross stitches.

I'm currently working on another heart from the subscriber's page in the same issue.

No comments: