Saturday, January 12, 2013

Birthday Floss Exchange and Mill Hill Stash

Our Shared_Crosses yahoo group is doing a different kind of birthday floss exchange this year.  Each member entered their address and birthday information into a database and other members can send a card, floss or other stitching related item if they want to, but there's no obligation to do so.  My birthday was last Sunday and over the past week I've received several cards, skeins of floss and a small stitched piece.


The stitched piece was from Sue, the group's owner and I am really happy that she stitched it for me. It's beautifully stitched and finished.  It originally had a blue plastic hanger attached, but the hanger was in three pieces when it arrived so I removed it, fringed the top edge and added a magnet to the back and it's as good as new.  It's currently attached to the filing cabinet in my home office.

I also went to my LNS today for the first time in several months.  She didn't have any ot the items I was looking for, so I'll have to place an order with 123 Stitch sometime soon.  I did find three Mill Hill kits that I decided I couldn't live without.  Peaches and Berry Jam will become magnets for my refrigerator and Oli Elf will be made into a Christmas ornament for Kyleigh.

Since I finished my latest project last night, I've decided to start stitching Oli this evening.

No comments: