Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Oops and a Finish

First, the oops! Thursday is street sweeping day and all vehicles have to be off the street when the street sweeper comes by. We have two vehicles parked on the street 24/7, but we live on a corner so when he hears the sweeper, David drives the van around the block and parks it back in its same spot, then moves the motorhome around the corner until after the sweeper has done its thing on the other street.

Today, he moved the van and then went to move the motorhome and all of a sudden I hear our neighbor yelling "David, David, you forgot to disconnect the electric cord". Yep, he'd driven around the corner with the cord still plugged into the RV. Fortunately, the only damage was to the cord itself.

We also had several power outages today. I was here at the house for the first two, but for the third I was at the Denny's just around the corner. Each one lasted less than five minutes and I don't know what caused them or how widespread they were.

Now for the finish, which I actually finished last night. One of the ladies in one of the groups I belong to is posting a freebie every Friday. The first one she posted was a blackwork bookmark from Dunmani Designs. Instead of black on white, I used a DMC Variations (4030). I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet though.


No comments: