Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tinkerbell Dress

A couple of weeks ago, Janice and I were at JoAnn's and I spotted an inexpensive pattern that I thought would make a cute dress for Kyleigh. We almost purchased princess material, but then saw this Tinkerbell fabric. Since Tinkerbell is one of her favorites right now, we bought this one instead.

I cut it out yesterday while Janice was using my sewing machine and stitched it up today in between power outages (we had five varying from 5 seconds to a couple of minutes within a couple of hours). I modified the dress slightly--the bow was supposed to tie in the front and there was supposed to be a border of ribbon across the top with buttons above. Instead, I left off the buttons and the top border and stitched the ribbon down on both the front and back and the bow ties in the back.


I took the picture to show Janice since we were meeting her for dinner at Pancho's. This is one of our favorite restaurants and they were doing a fundraiser for the school's basketball team. We met at 4:00 and the restaurant was extremely busy and there was only one waitress, but we got very good service, from I think, the manager. He brought us several bowls of chips and salsa and refilled our drinks before they were empty and was reasonably attentive. The kind of service you'd normally expect, but rarely get when they're that busy.

As far as stitching goes, I haven't done that much. Below is two weeks worth of stitching on Cat Lessons for People from Lizzie Kate. I did a lot of frogging on this one, but there are two mistakes that won't be frogged because I don't think anyone will notice them.


I changed most of the colors, because I'm not into browns/khakis. It's being stitched on 25-count Wedgewood Lugana.

No comments: