Sunday, June 1, 2008

Productive Sunday

I went to church this morning and then finished this little cutie. For some reason, the kitten reminds me of Kyleigh.
She's the top half of the Sarah Kay chart, Misbehaving from Issue 60 of the Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine. I made a couple of changes. (1) I stitched her on 14-count white Aida instead of the 16-count called for. (2) I stitched the bow in the same green colors as her apron since I didn't have (and haven't been able to find the called for DMC Satin floss). (3) There was part of a pocket showing at the bottom of the chart which I ignored and stitched in the green instead.

This square will be donated to WOCS (World of Charity Stitching) probably to be used for a little girl's quilt.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry, dishes, recording receipts, and kitting up and starting my next project, a cat in flowers from the same Card Shop magazine. I also started reading Clive Cussler's Skeleton Coast and cutting out the first John Deere outfit for Kyleigh to wear to the tractor show later this month.

After dinner, I watched the bottom of the ninth inning of today's Angels game (they won!) and Star Wars Episode III, which we put into the DVR in April and stitched on the cat in flowers square. All in all, a busy and productive day.

No comments: